12.01.2011

Yellow Ochre Living Room

Faux finish, mural, panoramic, scenic artistic, decoration, painting, glazing
A friend needed help with her boring beige living room. Alas, there are no 'before' photos, but believe me when I say it was really ugly! First, I painted the walls a sunny yellow ochre using pigment paints like those used in Italian frescoes. I found a mirror, along with a sofa, side chairs and ottoman at my favorite thrift stores, which I then covered in fabric using a staple gun. I also made curtains out of linen and sheer cotton. Add a rug and coffee table from Cost Plus World Market and now she has a beautiful living room that she loves coming home to.
Total cost $550.00

What do you think about my makeover? Also, I want to hear about your thrifty remodel projects, so tell us about them in the comments space below.



No comments:

Post a Comment