12.01.2011

It's A Girl!

A good friend of mine is going to have a baby soon, and I was invited to the baby shower. I decided to put together a baby basket with assorted goodies. Now, my friend is an ecologically aware person and said that hand-me-downs were welcome, so I’ll show you what I put together for the new baby.


I went to a local thrift store and found a Pottery Barn Kids baby blanket in perfect condition for $4.49.

I also found some cute baby clothes, in pink of course, priced at $2 and $3 each. One little hoodie has a tiny mouse in the pocket who squeaks - too cute!


I included some darling baby books, “Tea With Ruby” written by Sarah Ferguson, “Olivia” with great illustrations, and so that she'll have health self esteem: “You Are Special”.


Add a soft plushy toy, and here is my finished Baby Basket ready to be wrapped in cellophane to be delivered to Mamma and Baby.


Again, here is the finished basket which Mama loved! Total Cost: $30

Do you have great gifts that you have put together from recycled items? Tell us about them in the comments space below, and we'll post them for all to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment