12.01.2011

Fall, Brass and Bittersweet


Fall is now in full swing. I love to see the trees changing colors and am especially happy when Bittersweet Vine shows up in the markets. Last Sunday, I invited some friends over for a lazy afternoon tasting different red wines served with simple Parmesan cheese, bread and pears. I put together a mix of brass containers which looked great with the hot colors of Fall leaves, the last Summer roses from the garden, and of course, Bittersweet vines. Look for Bittersweet vines at your local flower market - a feast for the eyes and the soul!


Here are my thrift store finds.... Large brass vase, small brass vase, wooden tray and the small wicker basket. Total price $22.00.


Now I'd like to hear from you, what are your favorite Fall activities? How do you like to spend time with friends? Drop me a line in the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment