1.23.2012

I Love White Flowers


I just love white flowers surrounded by lots of greenery, in this case small cypress topiary trees and ivy. Every year I add to my collection of silver mercury glass ornaments, amassing them in a wooden tray. The effect is fresh, cool and reminiscent of a walk in the woods. What a beautiful way celebrate the quiet time of the winter months!



Here are two items used which came from thrift shops. The plant container on the left had a great shape but was not beautiful - yellow with a painted flower. So I repainted it using a two part antiquing solution called Patina Blue from Sophisticated Finishes. The wooden tray on the right was in good condition, and benefited from a wood oil treatment to restore its natural beauty. Total cost: $9.00



Here's a close-up of the little topiary dog; he is just too cute!

.... and my collection of mercury glass ornaments. Hope you like my winter arrangement. I'd love to hear your comments, and also see your winter arrangements. Post them in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment